Is your diet good for you? There are many popular diets, old and new: paleo, vegan, raw, vegetarian, and the standard American diet. Some proponents of these diets claim that their diet is the best. Ayurvedic wisdom dictates that what is good for one person, may not be good for another. There is not one diet that fits all. Each of us has a unique body, determined by the three ayurvedic doshas, Vata, Pitta and Kapha. Using these three ayurvedic principles, we can discover our body types and what foods are most balancing for us.
In these series of courses, we will examine these popular diets and how they affect the doshas. We will also make recommendations on how to make the diet suit your body type better.
The course elements include:
Are you confused about what diet to follow? The 5000-year-old ayurvedic knowledge prescribes a diet that suits your body type, the season, and the climate you live in. It’s not rocket science, in fact it’s quite intuitive. Buy learning a few simple natural qualities, you can recognize what your body needs and and by using the same qualities, you can choose the foods that will balance your mind, body, and spirit. The common-sense, time-tested approach of Ayurveda can be applied to any diet be it an ancient tradition or a modern invention.
First Diet: Vegan Diet and the Doshas
Second Diet: The Paleo Diet and the Ayurvedic Doshas
Third Diet: Raw
Fourth Diet: Vegetarian
Fifth Diet: Standard American
The vegan diet has millions of followers around the world. A plant-based diet has been around for hundreds, possibly thousands of years. People go vegan for various reasons: to be healthier, to avoid the exploitation of animals, or to lower their carbon footprint.
In this course, we will examine the vegan diet from the perspective of Ayurveda and how it effects the body, mind, and spirit. We will learn about the three ayurvedic principles, or doshas, called Vata, Pitta and Kapha. We will discover the characteristics of the three main mind/body types determined by the three doshas and how the vegan diet affects them.
You will learn:
- what fruits, vegetables, grains, nuts, legumes, oils and spices are the best for you based on your body type
- what you can do to customize the plant-based diet to your body type
- how to adjust your diet to seasonal changes
- what vegan foods to avoid to stay healthy
- what you need to do to keep your diet nutritionally complete
- whether tofu and coconut oil are really healthy for you
- which body type does the best on a plant-based diet.
No matter how healthy a diet is for one person, it’s not necessarily good for everyone all the time. Depending on one’s body type, and the weather or climate they live in, some adjustments may be necessary to achieve optimum health and long-term balance. This course will give you the basic understanding of the ayurvedic approach to foods and body types and how you can apply it to a plant-based diet.
There are many diets out there with quite a bit of conflicting advice on what’s the best for you. Most of these diets have benefits, and some drawbacks. But there isn’t one diet that benefits everyone in the long run. We are all different. We have different genetic and cultural heritage, we live in different climates, we have different mind/body types and different metabolism. It’s not possible for one diet to be the best for every person on the planet. That’s where Ayurveda comes in. Ayurveda is all about individualization. Finding out what your mind/body type is and adjusting your diet based on that. Ayurveda has been around for at least 5000 years and it has been used to create and restore balance with diet. So we are going to use this ancient, time-tested system to approach the Paleo diet. Here is what you will learn in this course:
- You will identify your Ayurvedic body type
- Identify foods that are good for your body type using the system of qualities and tastes
- Adapt your diet to the cycles of nature to avoid imbalances
- Learn the principles of the Paleo diet and its benefits
- Adapt the Paleo diet to your body type
- Make the Paleo diet more balancing by incorporating Ayurvedic principles
- Neutralize anti-nutrients with Ayurvedic tips
- Harness the power of spices to improve your digestion
Subscribe and Save!
You can watch our courses for $4.95 a month.
Healthy Happy and Wise is excited to announce the creation of a Subscription Membership. Take our courses in a more affordable and convenient way.
Healthy Happy and Wise has a number of expert courses in a range of topics, and the course offerings will be expanding at a greater pace than in the past.
Benefits of being a Subscription Member include:
- Access to all the courses on the Healthy Happy and Wise site *
- Periodic live webinars featuring course instructors and other experts
- A special Subscribers Newsletter
- A chance to produce your own course
- Ability to participate in forums
- The ability to post video comments on the courses and other topics
- And other benefits
Click here to see the courses in the Subscription Membership*The Subscription option currently does not include the Vedic Astrology or the Whole Body Goddess course
Course Open Now!
Are you one of those couples who wants to improve your relationship? Are you ready to address issues that cause you both angsts? Are you ready to show gratitude and acknowledge what is working?
Relationships need attention and nurturing. It is necessary to stop and service, evaluate, and care for the direction that the relationship is going in. You can nurture and tune up your relationship by setting goals and having plans based on the vision you have for your relationship. The wise say, we create our reality, so why not create a new reality for your relationship.
At the end of this 1 hour and 15 minute course you will have:
- a vision for your relationship
- your individual goals to improve your relationship
- your goals as a couple for your relationship
- a relationship action plan
- connection, ease, love, freedom and happiness
Course Begins: Open Now!
Have you ever awakened from a dream that left you feeling shaken for the rest of the day? Have you ever wondered why your dreams are the way they are? You may have noticed that some of your dreams are vivid while others you can't remember. Understanding your dreams and their symbolism can be a powerful tool for personal growth. When you are aware of the basic emotions that contribute to your thoughts and attitudes in your dreams, you can begin to interpret the messages of those dreams and learn to apply them in your daily life. In this 2-hour online course, Dreams, Symbolism and Soul, Tabatha Watters, M.A. discusses dreams and their basic symbolism and using dreamwork for enhancing your life.
Whole Body Goddess: Holistic Self-Care and Sexual Self-Healing for Women
This practical and profound program contains a wealth of little-known information about the female body and a set of very powerful self-care practices that help women heal a wide range of issues related to sexuality and intimacy.
Why “Whole Body Goddess”?
“Whole” because it’s profoundly Holistic.
- Works on physical, emotional, mental, energetic, and spiritual levels.
- Integrates body and spirit—sexuality and spirituality.
- Benefits permeate your entire life.
“Body” because it is grounded in the physical body.
- Heals our relationship with our body—for Self-authority and full Self-embodiment, as well as transformation of body image issues.
- Helps prevent and/or reverse little-known but common physical problems, such as vulvodynia (chronic pain), vaginal atrophy (affects at least half of post-menopausal women), and organ prolapse (affects about 70% of women, often accompanied by urinary incontinence—but most women don’t know how to prevent it).
- Strengthens sexual vitality—the Life Force that keeps us healthy and vital at any age.
“Goddess” because it addresses the spiritual as well as the physical dimensions of the female body.
- Clarifies and clears out religious and spiritual attitudes toward women and sexuality that have supported the suppression of women for millennia in both Eastern and Western cultures.
- Restores appreciation of the Divine Feminine and Feminine/ Masculine balance.
- Gives direct experience of the spiritual gifts of the different female organs while clearing conscious and unconscious internalized misogyny.
- Heals the ancient cultural antagonism between body and spirit, sexuality and spirituality.
- Clears the way for wise, grounded, integrated personal choices in life.
Susanna McCan is an alchemical coach and workshop facilitator, working with women who want to be free to shine with their full Radiance—beauty, sexual vitality, and magnetism—at any age. She developed the Radiant Embodied Woman™ program, a systematic 6-month program that combines intensive Retreat Days with bi-weekly individual coaching and healing sessions.
The foundational component of this work is the Whole Body Goddess™ program, which Susanna wants to make available to all women for healing and liberation—hence this very affordable online course!
Course is Open NowIn this 3-hour online course we will explore how you can improve and maintain your eye health and vision. With these tools you will be able to Maximize Your Vision Potential. This course is structured in six key areas designed to support your knowledge of vision and eye health. You will learn:
- How to eat to nourish and nurture your eyes. We'll discuss the nutrients needed for good eye health.
- How to stay focused and flexible. We'll discuss techniques that you can use to keep your eyes and vision clear with different visual activities.
- About using your eyes and vision for computer activities and how this sustained use affects the eyes.
- A whole body approach to vision and eye health, incorporating Ayurvedic principles.
- What happens to the eye with seasonal changes using ayurvedic principles.
- How to support you eyes with common eye and vision conditions.
Diane Prather, OD, MPH
Preventive Eye Care -Doctor of Optometry
It is normal to disagree. When disagreements turn into arguments, they can be destructive to your relationships. When you learn how to disagree without arguing, the relationship is cultivated. Couples Who Argue is a 2 1/2-hour three-lesson online course which will teach you the tools needed for expressing yourself in a positive way for a good outcome. In this course you will:
- learn what causes an argument
- learn what triggers arguments and how arguments escalate
- learn how to stop arguments before they start
- learn how not to get triggered into an argument
- see how these principles are applied to the issues a couple is dealing with
- gain understanding of your thoughts to better understand your responses
- have the resources and techniques to cultivate your relationships
Our juicing course brings Ayurvedic food balancing and conventional fruit and vegetable preparation together in one easy-to-follow and simple-to-learn, self-paced online course. Summer is the ideal time for a digestive cleanse. What a tasty way to add high nutrition to every day! In this course you will:
- learn the juicing Basics including juicing vs blending
- learn the Benefits of juicing including; Nutritional value, Digestive aid, Weight loss possibilities, Detox and replenish & Energy boost
- have the Recipes for making a tasty variety of fruit and vegetable juices
- learn how to Combine the ingredients to customize the juices for your Dosha
The lessons are self-paced online videos. Astrology is the art of interpreting the esoteric influence of stars/planets on human lives. This course will teach you a systematic approach to this ancient knowledge and the application of astral remedies. This course is taught by renowned Vedic Astrologer - David Hawthorne, MS, JB
In this course you will learn the distillation of current best practices used by creators and leaders at the evolutionary edge of engaging the world. You will learn how to employ the Four Pillars of Indestructible Success and have them work for you. The training in this course will allow you to develop and own the skills necessary for ongoing success.